Wisconsin DNR Revises Position on Climate Change: Removes Caused by “Human Activities” from Great Lakes Webpage

Lee Bergquist opens his article DNR purges climate change from webpage at the Wisconsin Journal Sentinal (my brackets):

The state Department of Natural Resources recently scrubbed language from an agency web page on the Great Lakes that said humans and greenhouse gases are the main cause of climate change. [See DNR webpage The Great Lakes and a changing world.]

The DNR now says the subject is a matter of scientific debate.

The department made the changes on Dec. 21, striking out whole sentences attributing global warming to human activities and rising levels of carbon dioxide.

Bergquist explains:

In the latest changes, the DNR says of climate change, “as it has done throughout the centuries, the earth is going through a change. The reasons for this change at this particular time in the earth’s long history are being debated and researched by academic entities outside the Department of Natural Resources.”

Officials replaced this wording:

“Earth’s climate is changing. Human activities that increase heat-trapping (‘greenhouse’) gases are the main cause.”

Bergquist’s article continues with statements from a Wisconsin DNR spokesperson, then follows it with a typical reminder of the consensus (a.k.a. groupthink) from the United Nation’s agenda-supporting, report-writing entity called the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change-IPCC (a political body, not a scientific one).

I’m looking forward to more changes like this in the not-so-distant future.

On Wisconsin.

Advertisements

About Bob Tisdale

Research interest: the long-term aftereffects of El Niño and La Nina events on global sea surface temperature and ocean heat content. Author of the ebook Who Turned on the Heat? and regular contributor at WattsUpWithThat.
This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Wisconsin DNR Revises Position on Climate Change: Removes Caused by “Human Activities” from Great Lakes Webpage

  1. There are over 60,000 miles of ocean volcanic rift emissions and 1500 above water volcanic emissions which most likely account for over 95% of the carbon dioxide in Earth’s atmosphere that no one has measured their total output; leaving humanities outputs at less than 5%; most likely less than 1%. Geology Professor Ian Plimer has pointed this out for anyone interested. And the Heartland Institute books: Why Scientists Disagree about Global Warming and the book Climate Change Revisited also cover this information ignored by too many supposed mainstream scientists.
    With any luck, the Trump Justice Department will call anyone to task who ignores such obvious
    information on climate change or does not factor it into their models.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s